Chocolate mud cake with white chocolate sauce
This is a classic recipe that will please any crowd.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Dark chocolate|
|4 tsp||Instant coffee, powder or granules|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
White chocolate sauce
- Break chocolate up roughly. Chop butter up roughly. Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan with coffee, water and brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until chocolate melts. Cool.
- Beat eggs and mix into chocolate mixture with vanilla. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Mix flour mixture into chocolate mixture and combine.
- Line the base of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper. Pour mixture into tin.
- Bake at 160 degC for 1¼ hours. Cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn out and cool completely. Drizzle with white chocolate sauce.
- To make sauce - Break chocolate into pieces. Place in a saucepan with butter and one cup of the measured milk. Heat until melted. Mix remaining milk with custard powder and vanilla essence. Pour into warm milk mixture. Stir until sauce thickens.