Lamb roast with pine nuts and rosemary
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ kg||Lamb roast, shank end|
|½ cup||Fresh rosemary|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts, roasted|
|2 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|½ tsp||Iodised salt|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
|2 tbsp||Relish, red pepper|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock|
- Lace lamb on a board and make four slashes, each 2cm deep, across the top of the lamb.
- Crush garlic, peel and chop finely. Chop rosemary leaves and pine nuts roughly. Mix garlic, rosemary, pine nuts, avocado oil, salt and pepper together. Push garlic mixture into cuts.
- Place lamb in a baking dish. Bake at 180 degC for 40 minutes.
- Peel pumpkin and cut into 4cm pieces. Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and cut into quarters. Place pumpkin and pepper pieces around roast and cook a further 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to an ovenproof dish and rest for 10 minutes. Place roasting dish on the element. Add red pepper relish, stock and water. Bring to the boil and stir constantly until reduced by half.
- Slice lamb and serve with vegetables and sauce.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL