White chocolate cranberry Cointreau truffles
( SERVES 55 )
Makes 55-60 truffles
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Dried cranberries|
|½ cup||Cointreau liqueur|
|375 g||White chocolate|
|2½ cups||Icing sugar|
|375 g||White chocolate buttons|
- Place dried cranberries and Cointreau(or other orange liqueur or substitute with freshly squeezed orange juice) in a microwaveable jug and cook on high for three to four minutes.
- Let it cool.The cranberries will absorb the Cointreau and plump up. Add the butter and white chocolate melts.
- Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring after each, until melted. Stir in the icing sugar and allow the mixture to cool enough to handle.
- Roll into balls the size of large marbles. Place these on a plastic tray and freeze for at least an hour until solid.
- Place second packet of melts(aor buttons) in a small metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water and gently melt until smooth. Using a dipping fork, dip each frozen truffle in white chocolate and allow to set on a sheet of non-stick baking paper or tinfoil.
- Place each truffle in a case, then box or package in cellophane, decorating with festive ribbons and trims.