Chocolate shortcake with fruity apricot centre
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 cup||Dried apricots|
|400 g||Fruit mince|
|½ cup||Apricot jam|
- Chop butter roughly and place in the bowl of a food processor with flour, baking powder, cocoa and sugar. Process to combine.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and water. Combine until mixture forms a ball. Remove from processor and knead together well.
- Divide dough in half. Press one half over the base of a 27 x 18cm tin. Chop apricots finely and mix into fruit mincemeat. Spread over chocolate shortcake base.
- Roll out remaining shortcake dough between two pieces of plastic wrap. Remove wrap and place dough over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 180 degC for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Brush with apricot jam and bake a further five minutes.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes before cutting.