Peach sorbet with raspberry couli and chocolate tuille
Peaches plus sweltering temperatures call for peach sorbet. Omit the chocolate tuille to make this dessert dairy-free.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Sorbet - Peel peaches, remove stones and chop flesh roughly. Place in a saucepan with sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes and then remove from the heat. Cool.
- Refrigerate until cold. Place in a food processor with egg white and process to a pulp. Pour into a freezer proof container. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer, break up and place back in food processor. Process to combine and pour back into container. Refreeze until required.
- Couli - Place raspberries and sugar in a food processor and process to combine. Place fruit mixture in a sieve and press through juice. Discard pulp.
- Tuilles - Melt butter. Cool. Beat egg whites and sugar until combined but not frothy. Sift flour and cocoa together and fold into egg whites with butter and vanilla.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Bake at 190 degC for six to eight minutes.
- Rest biscuits for 30 seconds then carefully lift from the tray and mould around a rolling pin to curl until firm.