Turkey, crouton and melon salad
|850 g||Turkey breast|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Fresh sage|
|120 g||Salad greens|
Red wine dressing
|¼ cup||Red wine vinegar|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Thaw turkey roast. Place turkey roast or breast and one cup of hot chicken stock in a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add second cup of hot stock and continue cooking for 50 minutes.
- Remove turkey from saucepan and allow to cool. Wrap turkey in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Wash celery and trim. Slice finely. Peel avocados, remove stones and cut flesh into cubes. Place celery and avocado in a bowl. Drizzle over lemon juice.
- Remove seeds from melon. Peel and cut into 2cm chunks. Cut bread into small cubes. Crush garlic, then peel and chop roughly.
- Place bread, garlic, sage and butter in a small baking dish. Bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes, turning often until golden.
- Slice turkey breast. Place mixed salad greens on a serving platter with turkey, celery, avocados, rock melon and croutons. Drizzle over dressing.
- Mix red wine vinegar, honey, oil, salt and pepper together.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL