Chicken caesar salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 head||Cos lettuce leaves|
|100 g||Parmesan cheese|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|½ tsp||Iodised salt|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
- Wash lettuce leaves and pat dry. Place in a resealable bag in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cut bread into 2cm thick slices then cut slices into cubes. Crush garlic and peel. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and bread cubes. Toss often over a medium heat until bread is golden. Discard garlic and drain croutons on kitchen paper.
- Cut boned chicken into 4cm pieces and cook in frying pan, turning often to brown.
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half. Arrange lettuce over a salad platter with croutons, chicken and tomatoes. Shave Parmesan into strips. Scatter over salad with dressing.
- To make dressing: Mash mustard and anchovy fillets together. Crush garlic, then peel and chop very finely. Add garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper and combine.