Rolled Oats Biscuits
( SERVES 36 )
Kylie Adams says her family has been making these biscuits every week since they were published in New Zealand Woman's Weekly on February 9, 1970. The butter and flour-stained clipping is testament to a great family favourite. Get the kids involved!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 cups||Rolled oats|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ginger. Soften the butter until nearly melted, but still has form, ie very soft. microwave for about 25 seconds on 30% power.
- Place butter and sugar in a cake mixer and beat well for 5 minutes.
- Add in flour mix and rolled oats by hand.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk, then stir into mixture.
- Form into walnut-size pieces, place on a greased tray and press down with fork.
- Bake at 180degC for 15 minutes.