Marshmallow and lavender ice-cream cake
( SERVES 8 )
16 stalks lavender 1 cup sugar 1 cup water 300ml cream 600ml ready-made vanilla custard 180g bag marshmallows Wash lavender. Place sugar and water in a sauce-pan and bring slowly to the boil. Stir until
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Wash lavender. Place sugar and water in a sauce-pan and bring slowly to the boil. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Chop lavender roughly and add to syrup. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour through a sieve, discarding lavender.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold custard and lavendar syrup through cream. Pour into a 20cm round springform cake tin and freeze for 3 hours. Reserve five marshmallows for decoration. Cut remaining marshmallows in half.
- Remove ice-cream from freezer and place in a food processor. Process to a soft slush. Add marshmallow halves and pulse to just combine. Refreeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into wedges to serve and decorate with marshmallow pieces.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL