Apple Magic Pudding
( SERVES 6 )
A sweet, delicious dessert, perfect for summer evenings.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|½ cups||Brown sugar|
|¼ cup||Golden syrup|
- Peel apples, remove seeds and slice finely. Place apples in a deep-sided 30cm x 22cm ovenproof dish. Soften butter.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Sift over flour, baking powder and mixed spice. Stir to combine.
- Spread batter over apple slices. Combine brown sugar and cornflour. Sprinkle over batter.
- Mix boiling water and golden syrup together. Gently pour over the back of a spoon into batter.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 minutes or until pudding springs back when lightly touched.