Chicken, jazzed up
( SERVES 4 )
People ask me about how to cook chicken nearly every day. While it's affordable and clearly a firm family favourite, cooks seem to get into a chicken breast rut. Their questions range from how to make
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Cream cheese|
|2 tbsp||Basil, chopped|
|100 g||Camembert, or brie finely cubed|
|4 tbsp||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, washed|
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Lay breasts in a small ovenproof dish and season.
- Mix together the cream cheese, pesto, basil and cheese. Place this mix over the chicken and press down gently, then top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place tomatoes over top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- We used verjuice for the chicken in this photo. If you use balsamic vinegar, the colour of the dish will be much darker, but still delicious.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and steamed vegetables.
- Tips -