Apple Lemon Slice
If you have lemon or lime curd in the fridge, this sweet treat is a great way to use it.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Standard flour|
|½ cups||Custard powder|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ cup||Slivered almonds|
|½ cup||Lemon curd|
- Soften butter and beat in sugar Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add 2tsp of lemon rind.
- Sift over flour, custard powder and baking powder.
- Line the base of a 27 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Divide mixture in half and press half over the base.
- Peel apples, remove cores and slice finely. Place over base.
- Spread the remaining cake mixture over the apples.
- Scatter with almonds and drizzle with lemon curd.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the tin before cutting into squares.