Goats' cheese fritters
( SERVES 4 )
These are great as a pre-dinner nibble with wine, or as a starter with green leaves and dressing.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Agria potatoes, peeled|
|120 g||Goat's cheese|
|½ cup||Fresh chives, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
|4 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Grate potatoes and transfer to a bowl. Cover with cold water and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain and gently pat dry with paper towels.
- Crumble cheese and mix with yolks until smooth and creamy. Add chives and season.
- Add potatoes to cheese mixture, combine well.
- Place egg whites into a bowl and whisk to stiff peaks. Gently fold this into potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Drop 1-tablespoon amounts of mixture into pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden in colour. Drain on paper towel. Serve while still warm.