Chocolate pinwheel cookies
( SERVES 32 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
- Combine butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Beat in salt, vanilla and egg yolk, then stir in flour and baking powder to form a cookie dough.
- Divide dough in half and mix cocoa powder into one half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each half to form a 15 x 30cm rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a piece of greaseproof paper and place second rectangle directly on top.
- Roll up to form a log. Wrap in paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper. Cut log into 0.5cm slices and place slices on baking tray.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until pale golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.