Pork and ginger on coconut noodles
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Egg noodles|
|3 tbsp||Laksa paste, Thai green curry paste|
|400 ml||Coconut milk, or coconut-flavoured evaporated milk|
|500 g||Pork steaks/fillets, trimmed of fat|
|1 to drizzle||Rice bran oil|
|250 g||Button mushrooms, sliced|
|4 cm||Fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|1 head||Broccoli, cut into florets|
|¼ cup||Light soy sauce|
|1 to serve||Lime, cut into wedges,|
- Cook noodles in boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat a saucepan, add laksa or curry paste and cook for 30 seconds to release flavours.
- Pour in coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring just to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Cut pork into thick strips. Heat a wok or nonstick frying pan, add a little oil and stir-fry pork strips to brown all over.
- Remove to one side. Add mushrooms, ginger, spring onions and broccoli to the pan and stir-fry over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes to brown.
- Return pork to the pan and add soy sauce. Toss and stir-fry to coat all ingredients in soy sauce.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls, then pour over hot coconut curry mixture.
- Spoon stir-fry pork mixture on top and serve with lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.