Crisp almond orange cookies
( SERVES 40 )
You'll love these deliciously light orange-flavoured cookies. As a bonus for those who need it, these tasty treats contain no wheat or gluten.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 tbsp||Liquid honey|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar, firmly packed|
|½ cup||Ground almonds|
|3 tbsp||Rice flour, fine|
|1||Orange, finely grated zest|
|50 g||Sunflower seeds|
- Heat oven to 180 degC or 160degC fan bake. Line two oven trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Place butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan and warm until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Combine ground almonds, rice flour, orange zest and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in butter mixture to combine.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture on to prepared trays, leaving space for cookies to spread during cooking.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stand on trays for 5 minutes to set, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Tip: These cookies spread when they're cooked so remember to allow plenty of space between spoonfuls on the baking tray.
Tip: Expect these cookies to turn out similar in texture to brandy snaps.
Tip: The finished cookies need to be stored in an airtight container, separated by sheets of greaseproof paper, or they will stick together. They will last well for up to a week.