Peter's favourite muffins
( SERVES 36 )
Named of this baker's nephew, Peter, who loved these muffins since he was a small boy. These muffins freeze well when wrapped in plastic wrap. Simply place individually wrapped muffins straight from the freezer into a lunchbox and they will be thawed in time for morning tea.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Mixed spice|
|½ cup||Brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 cup||Bran flakes|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Milk, warmed|
|3 tbsp||Golden syrup|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Spray 3 x 12-hole mini muffin pans with baking spray.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, spice, sugar and bran flakes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine baking soda and warm milk. oelt butter and golden syrup together, then pour into the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Add milk and baking soda mixture, mashed banana and beaten egg, and stir briefly to just combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of one test muffin comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.