Beef and Basil Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
( SERVES 4 )
A simple beef dish with a spicy peanut sauce giving it subtle Asian flavours.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to drizzle||Vegetable oil|
|300 g||Green beans|
|1 tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|1.33 cups||Basil leaves|
|1 cup||Roasted peanuts|
|1 piece||Root ginger|
|3 tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 cup||Beef stock|
- Heat a wok, add a little oil and stir-fry beef in two batches until browned. Remove to one side. Add garlic(crushed) and beans to the pan and stir-fry, tossing well until beans are lightly browned.
- Return beef to the pan, add soy sauce and toss to combine and heat through. Serve in bowls. Spoon over peanut sauce and scatter with basil (torn).
- Peanut sauce:Place peanuts, ginger, soy sauce, tomato paste, cinnamon and chilli in the bowl of a food processor and grind to a paste.
- Blend in stock, then transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick.
- This peanut sauce can be served with a stir-fry, as a dip with vegetable sticks, or with barbecue kebabs.
Tip: To roast peanuts, heat oven to 180 degC. Place peanuts in an oven pan and roast for 15 minutes until golden brown, then remove to cool.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL