Beef and Basil Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
( SERVES 4 )
A simple beef dish with a spicy peanut sauce giving it subtle Asian flavours.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to drizzle||Vegetable oil|
|300 g||Green beans|
|1 tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|1.33 cups||Basil leaves|
|1 cup||Roasted peanuts|
|1 piece||Root ginger|
|3 tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 cup||Beef stock|
- Heat a wok, add a little oil and stir-fry beef in two batches until browned. Remove to one side. Add garlic(crushed) and beans to the pan and stir-fry, tossing well until beans are lightly browned.
- Return beef to the pan, add soy sauce and toss to combine and heat through. Serve in bowls. Spoon over peanut sauce and scatter with basil (torn).
- Peanut sauce:Place peanuts, ginger, soy sauce, tomato paste, cinnamon and chilli in the bowl of a food processor and grind to a paste.
- Blend in stock, then transfer mixture to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick.
- This peanut sauce can be served with a stir-fry, as a dip with vegetable sticks, or with barbecue kebabs.
Tip: To roast peanuts, heat oven to 180 degC. Place peanuts in an oven pan and roast for 15 minutes until golden brown, then remove to cool.