Plum and coconut muffins
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ tsp||Coconut essence|
|2½ cups||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 cup||Plum, diced with stones removed|
|¼ cup||Shredded coconut, to sprinkle|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|90 g||Butter, softened|
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Grease 12 standard muffin pans or line with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, coconut essence and yoghurt.
- Stir in flour, then milk and finally desiccated coconut, stirring just enough to combine. Gently fold in plums.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pans.
- Sprinkle surface with thread coconut and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
Tip: When plums are out of season, it's possible to substitute other fruit, such as diced apples, pears or frozen berries for the plums in this recipe.