Potato, garlic and rosemary pizza
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3||Potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed|
|3 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, leaves removed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Basic pizza dough
|¾ cup||Water, plus exta 2 tbsp|
|2 tsp||Active dried yeast|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Heat oven to 220 degC. on a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough as thinly as possible to form a large square. Place the square of dough on a baking tray.
- Mix garlic with olive oil and brush over prepared pizza base. Thinly slice the potatoes and arrange them to cover the base. Brush with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the crust is golden brown and crisp. Slice to serve.
Tip: Ceramic pizza stones duplicate authentic stone baking ovens by concentrating the heat under the pizza base, forming a crisp crust. While a pizza stone is not essential, using one will produce a superior crust.
- Basic pizza dough: Mix water, sugar and yeast in a small bowl and set aside to activate for 5 to 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add the foamy yeast mixture and the oil, then process until the mixture forms a ball of soft dough. If necessary, add a little more water to reach a smooth consistency. Process for another minute to knead the pizza dough thoroughly.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for approximately an hour, or until doubled in volume.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide dough in half as this amount makes two pizzas. Roll out one half as thinly as possible. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking tray or pizza stone and top with chosen ingredients.
Tip: Any extra dough can be stored in the fridge for one day or frozen for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before rolling out and cooking.