Potato, garlic and rosemary pizza
|3 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3||Potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed|
|3 sprigs||Fresh rosemary, leaves removed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Basic pizza dough
|¾ cup||Water, plus exta 2 tbsp|
|2 tsp||Active dried yeast|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
- Heat oven to 220 degC. on a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough as thinly as possible to form a large square. Place the square of dough on a baking tray.
- Mix garlic with olive oil and brush over prepared pizza base. Thinly slice the potatoes and arrange them to cover the base. Brush with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the crust is golden brown and crisp. Slice to serve.
Tip: Ceramic pizza stones duplicate authentic stone baking ovens by concentrating the heat under the pizza base, forming a crisp crust. While a pizza stone is not essential, using one will produce a superior crust.
- Basic pizza dough: Mix water, sugar and yeast in a small bowl and set aside to activate for 5 to 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add the foamy yeast mixture and the oil, then process until the mixture forms a ball of soft dough. If necessary, add a little more water to reach a smooth consistency. Process for another minute to knead the pizza dough thoroughly.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for approximately an hour, or until doubled in volume.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide dough in half as this amount makes two pizzas. Roll out one half as thinly as possible. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking tray or pizza stone and top with chosen ingredients.
Tip: Any extra dough can be stored in the fridge for one day or frozen for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature before rolling out and cooking.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL