Spaghetti and meatballs
Get the kids in on shaping the meatballs - this is a family meal your kids will enjoy making.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Beef mince|
|2 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Tomato pasta sauce|
- Heat oven to 200 degC. Combine mince, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley and egg in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix together, pounding the mixture with your hand for a couple of minutes (this will help the meatballs hold together when they're cooked).
- With damp hands, shape mixture into 20 balls and place on a wire rack set over a baking pan lined with foil.
- Bake meatballs in an oven heated to for 20 minutes until browned. Place tomato pasta sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil to heat through. Add browned meatballs and stir to coat in sauce.
- Cook spaghetti in a saucepan with plenty of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender to the bite, when you taste a little piece. Serve spaghetti in bowls topped with meatballs and tomato sauce.
Tip: Learn and use good hygiene and food handling habits. Always wash your hands with soap and water and dry them well before and after mixing raw meat. Tip: Dampening your hands makes rolling meatballs easier - the meat won't stick to your skin.
Tip: Cooking the meatballs in the oven will help to remove any excess fat from the meat, making this a nice healthy meal.
Tip: Using a store-bought bottled tomato pasta sauce is often easier for kids but you can use homemade pasta sauce instead if you have it. Other kid friendly recipes