Smoked salmon & roasted beetroot
( SERVES 6 )
Ready in 10 minutes, serves 6. This is smoked salmon, Russian style. Serve with a shot of vodka
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Creme fraiche, lite|
|3 tsp||Horseradish sauce|
|6||Salmon, smoked, large slices|
|1 cup||Beetroot, baby, roasted and thinly sliced|
|50 g||Salmon caviar|
|2 tbsp||Dill, sprigs, torn|
|1 to taste||Cracked pepper, freshly|
- Beat lite crème fraiche with vodka and cracked pepper till smooth and holds its shape.
- Stir in horseradish sauce. Chill in fridge.
- Lay slices of salmon over 6 plates, then divide beetroot into 6 portions. Place on top of salmon.
- Spoon crème fraiche over this and top with caviar.
- Sprinkle with dill sprigs and grind pepper over this. Serve with a shot of vodka on the side. Roast whole washed beets by placing in a foil parcel with 1 tbsp oil and a little orange juice, then place in a 180 degC oven for 40 to 50 mins.