Late summer tomato salad with rocket and walnut pesto
( SERVES 4 )
1 cup rocket leaves 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges 1 punnet red or yellow cherry tomatoes Salt and freshly ground black pepper Rocket and walnut pesto (recipe follows), to serve 1. Arrange rocket
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
|4||Tomatoes, large ripe, cut into wedges|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, red or yellow|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves, firmly packed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Walnut pieces, toasted|
|2 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Arrange rocket leaves in a large salad bowl. Scatter with tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with small dollops of rocket and walnut pesto to serve.
- Place rocket and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop. Add walnuts and parmesan and pulse to combine.
- With the motor running, add oil through the feed tube of the food procecssor in a steady stream until amalgamated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use pesto as a dip or as a salad dressing. Makes 1 cup.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL