Spiced pear cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Raw sugar|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Wholemeal flour|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Grease a 22cm springform cake tin and line the base with nonstick baking paper.
- Combine peeled, cored and coarsely chopped pears and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour on melted butter, add egg, lightly beaten and stir to combine.
- Sift flours, baking soda and spices (make sure the nutmeg is grated) over the pear mixture and stir to just combine.
- Stir in raisins. Spread mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to cool in tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and slice to serve.