Panko prawns with wasabi mayonnaise
Panko breadcrumbs are larger crumbs that give extra crunch
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|16||King prawns, uncooked, shelled and de-veined|
|1 tsp||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (mix with the flour)|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1 to fry||Oil|
- Lightly toss prawns in seasoned flour, then lightly coat with egg before thickly coating with panko breadcrumbs.
- Carefully deep-fry prawns in hot oil in 2 to 3 batches for about 3 minutes until golden. Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- Serve hot with wasabi mayonnaise.
- Wasabi mayonnaise For the easiest wasabi mayonnaise, combine a little wasabi paste with your favourite mayo.
- Add a splash of mirin (Japanese rice wine) and lime juice to taste.