Tuna fish pies with kumara topping
Canned tuna from the pantry makes this pie an easy and quick dinner to prepare. No kumara? Use potato for the topping instead.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|4 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Tasty cheese|
- Wash cooked kumara (peeled, chopped and boiled) while still hot, add butter and 1/2 cup warmed milk, then beat until smooth and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Place oil and flour in a saucepan and stir to combine, then cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Remove pan from the heat, add 2 cups milk and stir until smooth, then return to heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add spring onions, vegetables (you could use frozen veges), drained tuna and chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Divide tuna mixture between four 1½ cup capacity ramekins. Top each with mashed kumara and a little cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Goes well with