Orange zest loaf
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Orange, zest finely grated|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|1.33 cups||Self raising flour|
|1||Orange, sliced to decorate|
|2 cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|1 tbsp||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||Orange juice|
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Grease a standard loaf tin.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, stir in yoghurt, orange zest and juice.
- Sift flour over the mixture and fold to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice the cooled loaf with orange icing and decorate with pieces of sliced orange, if desired.
- To make the orange icing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.