Marbled chocolate brownie slice
125g butter 125g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped 1¼ cups caster sugar 3 large eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup flour ¼ cup cocoa powder ½ tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt oarble
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|125 g||Dark chocolate|
|1¼ cups||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
- Heat oven to 160°C fan bake. Line a 24cm square cake tin with nonstick baking paper, leaving an overhang of paper on all sides.
- Place butter and coarsely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to melt. or, microwave to melt. Stir until smooth. Add sugar and beaten eggs and mix to combine.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt on to the chocolate mixture and stir to just combine. Spread mixture into prepared cake tin.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese at room temperature, sugar and melted butter and whisk until creamy. Beat in egg and then flour. Drop spoonfuls of this mixture over the chocolate mixture. Swirl the tip of a knife through both mixtures to create a marble pattern.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out moist but clean. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before removing to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Tip: Chocolate will melt more easily if it is chopped into small, even-sized pieces. Use a large, heavy knife to chop the chocolate on a clean, dry board.