Orange sugar snaps
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|2||Oranges, finely grated zest|
|1 tbsp||Orange juice|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Cream of tartar|
|1 cup||Sugar, for coating|
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in egg then stir in orange zest and juice.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar over the creamed mixture and then stir to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate mixture for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 180 deg;C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place sugar in a bowl.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll in sugar to coat.
- ress sugar-coated balls on to oven trays, leaving space for the cookies to expand during cooking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: Stored in airtight containers, all these types of biscuit will last well for up to five day.