Vegetarian chickpea burgers
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and well drained 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce 1 egg ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs4 spring onions, finely sliced ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley Plain flour, to
|1 can||Chickpeas, 400g|
|2 tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|4||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|¼ cup||Coriander, or parsley, chopped|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1 to fry||Olive oil, to cook|
|4||Burger buns, sliced in half|
|2||Tomatoes, large, sliced|
|¼||Telegraph cucumber, sliced|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to serve||Chutney, beetroom or any other|
- Place chickpeas, chilli sauce and egg in the bowl of a food processor and process to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in breadcrumbs, spring onions and coriander or parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With floured hands, form mixture into 4 flat, even-sized patties.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook patties for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and heated through.
- Toast burger buns under a hot grill. Arrange a few spinach leaves on bun bases, place patties on top, then add a few slices of tomato and cucumber seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Last, add some chutney and replace lids on the buns. Serve immediately.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL