Banana Cake with Chocolate Icing
Banana cake is a perennial kiwi favourite and can be also eaten as a dessert, with a dollop of cream on the side.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
- Preheat oven to 150 C fan bake. Grease a 22cm ring cake tin.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale, then add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling milk and stir into beaten mixture. Fold in the sifted flour. Spoon mixture into the prepared cake tin, smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from tin and spread with chocolate icing once cold.
- Icing: beat butter and icing suger together in a bowl. Add cocoa and boiling water and beat until creamy.