Calamari and Courgettes with Pesto Pasta Spirals
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Pasta spirals|
|⅓ cup||Basil pesto|
|300 g||Calamari rings|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|¼ cup||Basil leaf|
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions, until just tender to the bite. Drain well and toss with basil pesto.
- At the same time, dry defrosted calamari on paper towels. Place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pan-fry calamari for 1 minute on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove calamari to one side.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry courgettes over a high heat to brown all over. Combine pesto-coated pasta with calamari and courgettes.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
Tip: Alternatively, for a slightly smoky flavour, you can cook the calamari and courgettes on the barbecue.