Egg salad club sandwiches
Other child-friendly sandwich suggestions include pesto, avocado and tomato, and peanut butter with banana
|4||Eggs, Hard boiled|
|½ tsp||Curry powder|
|3 tbsp||Chives, finely chopped|
|12 slices||White sliced sandwich bread, thinly sliced|
|1||Butter, for bread|
|12||Lettuce, small leaves|
|8 slices||Chicken, Roasted|
- Mash the peeled eggs with a fork and add all the other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make one sandwich stack, you need three slices of bread. Butter one side of each piece. You will have 12 slices for 4 stacks.
- Place four slices on the bench (butter side up) and divide egg salad onto the four pieces of bread. Place tomato slices on top of egg. Season to taste.
- Now place another slice of buttered bread on top (butter side down) and smear a little mayonnaise on the top. Divide the lettuce and sliced chicken (roasted) among the four club sandwiches. With the remaining pieces of bread, smear the pesto on the buttered side and place the pesto side over the chicken.
- Cut off the crusts and cut each stack into three fingers, then in half again to fit your lunchbox.
Cook's tip: Other child-friendly sandwich suggestions include pesto, avocado and tomato, and peanut butter with banana.