Date and Fig Slice
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|½ cup||Oat Bran|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1½ cups||Dried figs|
|½ cup||Organic natural sugar|
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with baking paper with an overhang on all sides. Place the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Stir in the flour, oat bran and 1 tsp ginger.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Place the dates, figs, sugar, 1 tsp ginger and boiling water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the figs are soft, the liquid is reduced and the mixture thickened.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process to purée. Pour purée onto the biscuit base and cook for 10 minutes more or until the mixture is set.
- Cool in the tin. Use the paper overhang to lift out the slice, then cut into bars or squares.