Louise cake slice
Here's a recipe for a louise cake slice that's been revamped so it contains no wheat or gluten. Believe it or not, this version is possibly even more delicious than the original classic.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¾ cup||Rice flour|
|¾ cup||Tapioca flour|
|½ cup||Ground almonds|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|¾ cup||Raspberry jam|
- Heat oven to 170 degC.
- Line a 17 x 27cm slice tin with nonstick baking paper with an overhang on all sides.
- Place softened butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Beat in egg then stir in flours, ground almonds and baking powder. Spread mixture evenly into the base of prepared tin. Spread jam over base mixture.
- Prepare the topping in another bowl, beat egg whites only until soft peaks hold their shape.
- Beat in sugar just to combine, then stir in desiccated coconut. Spread topping over the jam.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove to cool in the tin, then holding baking paper by the edges, lift slice from baking tin. Slice into bars to serve.