Chocolate oatmeal cookies
( SERVES 50 )
These heart-shaped cookies are a great mix of nutritious rolled oats and deliciously sweet chocolate. They will keep in an airtight container for about 3 to 4 weeks.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2½ cups||Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|2 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|1½ cups||Dark chocolate buttons, chopped|
|225 g||Cooking chocolate, crushed|
- Place rolled oats in the food processor and process until medium fine in texture.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter, then add all the remaining ingredients in order given. Combine well.
- Roll mixture into balls the size of a large walnut. Flatten out and cut into heart shapes approximately 6cm x 6cm.
- Place onto a paper-lined baking tray. Put into fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Cover half the heart shape cookie with a piece of cardboard, then sprinkle icing sugar over the exposed cookie half. Store in an airtight container.