Strawberry crumble tart
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅔ cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Lightly grease a 20cm tart tin. Combine flour, salt, sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Reserve 1/3 of this mixture for the topping. Combine the egg yolk with the remaining mixture, then press this into the base and sides of the tart tin.
- Prick the base with a fork and chill for 30 minutes, while the oven heats to 190 degC.
- Bake the tart base for 10 minutes or until golden brown and set. Reduce the oven to 160 degC. Whisk the egg with the extra caster sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture into the cooked tart base.
- Arrange the strawberries on top, then sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes or until filling is golden brown and just set.
- Dust the tart with icing sugar to serve.