( SERVES 6 )
We reworked a classic Weekly pudding and made it fresher tasting and less sweet – you will love it! Mousse and romance are perfect partners.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Strawberries, hulled and sliced|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|¼ cup||Water, cold|
|6||Strawberries, whole for decoration|
- Put 3/4 of the prepared strawberries into a bowl and puree with a stick blender or process in a blender.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks with the sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the strawberry puree andorange juice.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the cold water, then place in a microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to melt. Stir into the strawberry mixture.
- Allow to half set. Whip the cream until thick. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold both these mixtures into the half-set strawberry. Mix together with the remaining strawberries that have been sliced.
- Pour into 6 glass vessels, 9cm wide x 8cm deep. Allow to set overnight in freezer.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours before serving. Decorate with extra strawberries and serve with a chocolate oatmeal cookie.