Chocolate and coconut sour cream loaf
This deliciously moist and full-flavoured loaf is ideal with morning coffee at your picnic. It can be made a day ahead. You don’t need to butter this loaf, just slice and serve.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil, (not olive)|
|250 g||Sour cream|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
Chocolate and coconut mix
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Grease a 25 x 15 x 8cm loaf pan and place a strip of baking paper down the pan and up the sides for easy removal of cooked loaf.
- Mix the eggs until they are frothy. Beat in the oil and sugar, add sour cream and other ingredients.
- Place half the batter in loaf pan. Sprinkle half the coconut and 2/3 of the chocolate evenly in the centre. Add remaining batter and sprinkle the rest of the coconut and chocolate on top. Cut through the mixture with a knife for a marbling effect.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes, then turn out of the pan.