Muesli health muffins
Muesli, bran and wholemeal flour makes these muffins high in fibre.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Dried cranberries|
|¾ cup||Wholemeal flour|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|½ cup||Bran flakes|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
|½ cup||Water, boiling|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
- Place muesli in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes to soak and cool.
- Beat together oil, sugar, egg and yoghurt. Stir in dried cranberries, then combine mixture with the cold, soaked muesli.
- Stir in the flours, bran and baking soda. (At this stage the mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.)
- When ready to cook the muffins, heat the oven to 200 degC. Spray a 12-hole standard muffin tin with oil.
- Spoon mixture into tins and bake for 20 minutes. Dust with icing sugar to serve.