Spicy roast chicken starter
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 cup||Mesclun leaves|
|2 tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Heat a little oil in a small ovenproof frying pan.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add chicken to the pan and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes to finish cooking chicken.
- Remove to cool, then thinly slice chicken breast.
- At the same time, cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, then drain and plunge into ice cold water to cool.
- Drain again and slice each asparagus spear into three even pieces.
- Combine cold sliced chicken and asparagus in a bowl and drizzle with chilli sauce and lime juice.
- Add mesclun and toss well. Divide salad between two serving plates.