Seafood marinara salad
( SERVES 6 )
It’s a classic and you can see why. Seafood kissed by mayonnaise – how good is that?
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Onion, thinly sliced|
|½ tsp||Garlic, crushed|
|500 g||Seafood marinara mix|
|200 g||Pasta shapes, large|
|2 tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|¼ cup||Tomato ketchup|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsp||Tarragon, or flat-leaf parsley|
|1 bag||Rocket leaves|
|1 to serve||Lime, or lemon wedges|
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, then stir and cook thinly sliced onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the seafood marinara mix, then stir and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until seafood is cooked through. Place the marinara mixture in a large bowl to cool, then cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Cook pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water until just cooked, or firm to the bite. Immediately drain in a colander and cool under cold water to stop it cooking. Drain again and shake to dry off the cooled pasta.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients – except the salad leaves – then add the cooked pasta and seafood marinara. Gently toss the ingredients until they are nicely coated.
- Serve the seafood marinara salad on rocket leaves, garnished with sliced lime or lemon. You could also add a smattering of diced red chilli if you want to serve this dish with a little more zing.