Pineapple carrot cake
|2 cups||Caster sugar|
|1½ cups||Vegetable oil, such as canola or rice bran oil|
|2½ cups||Carrots, (about 2 large carrots)|
|⅔ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|1 cup||Canned crushed pineapple, with juice|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|250 g||Cream cheese|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest & juice|
- Heat oven to 160degC fan bake. Grease two 20cm cake tins.
- Place eggs, sugar and oil in a bowl and beat until combined and pale.
- Stir in carrot, walnuts and pineapple.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture to combine.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cake tins.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in baking tins, then turn out and sandwich together with filling.
- To make filling, beat all the ingredients together in a bowl until creamy.