Pear and coconut friands
( SERVES 180 )
1½ cups icing sugar, sifted ½ cup gluten-free flour, sifted 1 tbsp cinnamon 1 cup desiccated coconut 6 egg whites, lightly beaten 175g butter, melted and cooled 1 unpeeled pear, with cores
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|½ cup||Gluten free flour, sifted|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|6||Eggs, whites, lightly beaten|
|175 g||Butter, melted and cooled|
|1||Pear, unpeeled, with core removed, finely sliced|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC fan bake. Grease a 12-hole friand or standard muffin pan.
- Place icing sugar, flour, cinnamon and coconut in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, then pour in egg whites and melted butter. Stir briefly to just combine.
- Divide mixture between the prepared pans - each hole should be only two-thirds full.
- Top each friand with a few slices of pear slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to stand in pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.