Herbed pork cutlets with sage and apple sauce
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|⅓ cup||Fresh herbs|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Place pork cutlets in a shallow ceramic dish. Whisk vinegar, mustard, olive oil and fresh herbs (such as parsley, sage, thyme) in a bowl and pour over pork.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 200 degC.
- Meanwhile, make the sage and apple sauce. Core the apples and put into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan with the water and lemon juice.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until the apples have softened.
- Stir in the sugar and sage. For an extra creamy sauce, whisk in the cubes of butter, if desired. Keep warm and serve with finished pork cutlets.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of cutlets, until browned and cooked through.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL