Grated potato casserole
Search out a good-sized potato for this dish. The agria variety works well here.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Potatoes, large, peeled.|
|½||Green capsicum, sliced and diced|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|¼||Fresh herbs, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup||Grated cheese, grated tasty|
|½ cup||Feta cheese|
|2 tbsp||Butter, softened|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC regular bake.
- Grate potatoes and place in a large bowl with capsicum, onion and herbs.
- Put milk, eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and butter in a food processor or blender.
- Process, then mix well with the vegetables in the large bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Place in a greased 25 x 18cm casserole and bake for one hour. It should look golden and slightly puffed up when it is ready to serve.
Cook's tip: Capsicum is optional. You can use chopped chives or parsley from your garden instead – or as well! You do need a tasty cheese in this bake – even a little crumbly blue cheese could go on top before baking. It’s a great recipe to use up “bits” from the fridge.