These are super! You may think we have made a mistake using 80g of melted butter for the cinnamon coating, but you do need it. Served warm, they are as good as a donut – without the extra work. Makes 16 puffs.
|3 tsp||Baking powder|
- Heat oven to 190ºC fan bake. Set out a baking tray. Do not grease.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Grate the cold butter into the mix and blend with a knife or loosen with your hands until the mix is crumbly.
- Stir in milk with a fork just until the mix holds together and forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured bench and knead very lightly – about 7 fold. Press and turn movements. After kneading, divide dough into 16 parts and roll each into a smooth ball.
- Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the cinnamon coating, Place melted butter in a bowl and combine the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. While the scones are warm, remove from the tray and roll each in melted butter, then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve straightaway.