Lemon and Ginger Crunchies
The best option with a refreshing cup of tea.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Custard powder, extra 1 tbsp|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 cup||Cornflakes, or rice cereal|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add grated lemon rind and juice of 1 lemon.
- Add sifted flour, custard powder, baking powder, ground ginger and cereal last. Mix well.
- Shape into balls in large teaspoon-sized lots and place on greased baking trays. Do not flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Cook's tip: Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin.