Kumara and bacon frittata
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Kumara, peeled and cubed|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely sliced|
|4||Bacon rashers, rindless, coarsely chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|3 tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
- Heat oven to 170 degC. Grease a deep flan dish.
- Cook kumara in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes then drain well and set aside.
- At the same time, heat a frying pan, add oil, onion and bacon and cook for 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with milk and then stir in grated cheese.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in kumara, onions, bacon and parsley.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake frittata for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Slice to serve.