Tuna, spinach and penne bake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Chopped tomatoes|
|425 g||Tuna in spring water|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|350 g||Penne pasta|
|1 cup||Cottage cheese|
|1 cup||Reduced fat cheese|
- Heat oven to 200 degC.
- Grease a deep-sided lasagna-style oven dish.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and cook for 5 minutes to soften but not brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in flaked tuna and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to the base of the prepared oven dish. Cover with a layer of spinach.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender to the bite.
- Drain well and toss with cottage cheese.
- Spread the cheesy pasta over the spinach.
- Scatter with grated reduced fat cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.